Thank you for supporting #GivingTuesday!
Because of your generosity, countless Niners will have the help they need to combat food insecurity.
First, there is a day of thanks.
Then, there are three days of deals.
Now we have a day to give back.
Support UNC Charlotte's Giving Tuesday campaign to fight food insecurity for all Niners through the Jamil Niner Student Pantry and Niner University Elementary.
Make a gift today to ensure every Niner has access to nutritious food this holiday season. Your donation can allow students to focus on their academic success instead of where to get their next meal.
This year, the Jamil Niner Student Pantry is:
• Focusing on healthy pantry standards
• Distributing an average of 7,000 lbs of food per month
• Seeing a 300% higher grocery bill per week
• Serving over 350 shoppers per week
Niner University Elementary (NUE) is UNC Charlotte's K-4 lab school serving 140 students in West Charlotte.
- NUE provides a comprehensive approach to teaching and learning that is equally focused on academics and emotional wellbeing.
- The #1 adverse childhood experience in our nation is poverty; at NUE 88% of our students are identified as economically disadvantaged and live in the chronic stress caused by poverty.
- NUE maintains a food, clothing, and shoe pantry for students and families in need.
- For stressed families, the additional burden of the holidays is too much. Our goal is to provide joy for children by helping families with holiday gifts that meet the wants and needs of many students.
Help stock the shelves immediately with our Giving Tuesday Virtual Food Drive!
Thank you for stocking the Pantry and NUE's shelves via our Amazon wish list. The wish list is now closed.
1. Choose the items
2. Ship them directly to the University
Your gift will fight food insecurity or support the greatest needs of Jamil Niner Student Pantry and Niner University Elementary.
The UNC Charlotte community supports students as they continue to face challenges of food insecurity. The Pantry is still experiencing an elevated need, serving upwards of 350 clients per week. Our goal this Giving Tuesday is to stock the Pantry for its busiest time of the year, the holiday season.
You can double or triple the impact of your gift if your employer participates in a matching gift program. To see if your employer has a matching gift program, click here. If your company matches, complete your matching gift form and submit it to UNC Charlotte via mail (UNC Charlotte Foundation, 9201 University City Boulevard, Charlotte, NC 28223), fax (704-687-7259) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Jamil Niner Student Pantry was created to ensure food security, human dignity, and well-being on campus by providing in-need UNC Charlotte students with healthy, culturally appropriate emergency food assistance-- and this wouldn't be possible without the support of generous alumni, parents, and friends.
Niner University Elementary at Amay James is a public school created and led by education experts at UNC Charlotte. Their program is intended to support students from high needs, low-performing schools, or individual students who are struggling with school. 85% of NUE students are economically disadvantaged.
Following Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, and Cyber Monday, #GivingTuesday is a global day dedicated to giving and celebrating generosity. For UNC Charlotte, this is a day that brings the community together to transform how people think about, talk about, and participate in the giving season.